*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means when you click on the links, I may make a commission. However, I take recommending items very seriously and will only share products I use and love myself. Thank you for supporting A Girl and Her Hat!
You ever see those travel essential photos on Pinterest and think “I wonder if they actually use those or are they just trying to make some money?” Yeah, me too. I always wonder if those people use those products or if they just went on Amazon and found some popular products people are buying.
Regardless, I am here to tell you that the products I’m about to recommend to you I actually use and can’t say enough good things about. They’ve been tried and tested, trust me.
Here are my TOP Travel Essentials that I literally can’t go on any trip without:
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones:
- When I tell you that I researched noise-canceling headphones for months before making this purchase, it’s the truth. I’m obsessive sometimes over reviews and comparison videos. I know a lot of people love the Sony headphones or the Apple Max’s, but I had a friend who I used to work with that was obsessed with his Bose headphones and I always wondered how good they were. Turns out they’re FANTASTIC. Truly, I’m a Bose fan for life and am actually wearing them as I type this blog post out!
- Hoka One’s
- This is another thing I researched for the longest time before deciding on these shoes. I typically don’t like how the other Hoka’s look — with the bulky sole, etc. I also don’t go for a lot of colors most of the time, so when I saw these at the store in Black, I was sold. I tried them on and they genuinely feel like walking on a cloud.
- I’ve taken these shoes all over with me and even walked over 20K steps in NYC with them and they were perfect. No shin splints. No hurting legs or feet. Proper support and everything. Now, I will say that I have a relatively flat foot — so if you have an arch, I suggest you go into a store and try them on and see how they feel. Or use Amazon’s “try before you buy” functionality and see if they work best for you.
- I’m no gatekeeper — so trust me when I say that these are some of the best shoes I’ve ever purchased.
- Fujifilm Disposable Cameras
- One of. my favorite thing to do is take photos on film. I’m currently in the process of looking for a legit good film camera, but until then these disposable ones work fine.
- There’s something that I love about the grainy, retro vibe of the film camera photos. It’s also just kind of fun to wait and see how they come out vs. the instant gratification of taking photos on the phone. If you’re looking for some great memories, get a film camera.
- BAGGU Reusable Bags
- Another one of my travel essentials is these BAGGU reusable bags. I absolutely love having them while I travel for things like farmer’s markets, etc. Also, if you’re traveling to Europe, a lot of the time they charge for a plastic bag at the stores — so these will come in handy! They’re also small enough to fit into your day purse without taking up too much space.
- BAGGU Crescent Bag
- To keep the BAGGU fan fare going — I highly recommend their very popular crescent bag. Listen, you can fit SO much in this bag. It’s one of my absolute favorite things in the entire world. Between this and my UNIQLO crossbody bag, I’m all set. If you want something lightweight, easy to pack, etc. this is the bag for you – trust me.
- Moleskin Journal
- If you’re like me at all, a coffee shop + a journal is one of my all-time favorite activities. I also love just documenting how I’m feeling during a trip or on a particular day. The moleskins are my favorite, I’m sorry, it is what it is. I know they’re expensive, but I have found that they last so much longer than all the other journals I’ve bought. I want my journals to last my whole life, so I splurge and I buy this journal every time.
- Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
- I want to apologize in advance to the Android people — this. one is not for you and I’m truly sorry for that. However, this Apple World Travel Adapter Kit is a game changer for those of us who have Apple devices. It works with iPhones, iPad, and Macs. It fits all of the electrical outlets around the world, so if you have an Apple device I highly recommend this product over the other one off’s that Amazon offers.
There you have it — quick and easy — but these in all honesty are some of my FAVORITE travel essentials. I cannot recommend each. of them enough, and as I disclaimed at the beginning, I won’t recommend anything to you that I myself do not use and am obsessed with.
Thanks for tuning in, I hope you found this useful — have a look around at the rest of my site. If you’re planning a trip, see the blog posts for London, NYC, and more.
Follow along on Instagram for all my travels, tips, advice and more!